Nursing Certification Programs
AALTCN offers more certification programs for LTC nurses than any other association!
AALTCN Members receive discounted prices on all products. You must be logged in to take advantage of Member Only pricing. Not a Member? Click Here to join today!
AALTCN is proud to offer Certification Programs for various categories of long term care nurses. These programs define core competencies in various roles and guide nurses in understanding these competencies with relevant and tested educational materials. The educational resources used in AALTCN's Certification Programs have many years of proven successful use and, in some cases, have won national awards for their quality and unique contributions. Each program provides continuing education contact hours in addition to a certificate upon completion. The following Certification Programs currently are available:
- Director of Nursing in LTC Certification Program: DON-CLTC™
20 contact hrs — $295 for Members / $375 for Nonmembers
- Culture Change Nurse Coordinator Certification
24 contact hrs — $224 for Members / $340 for Nonmembers
- Staff Development Specialist in LTC Certification
18 contact hrs — $179 for Members / $270 for Nonmembers
- Safety Specialist for Long Term Care Certification Program: LTC-SSC™
12 contact hrs — $95 for Members / $170 for Nonmembers
- LPN in Long Term Care Certification Program: LPN-CLTC™
10 contact hrs — $100 for Members / $170 for Nonmembers
- RN in Long Term Care Certification Program: RN-CLTC™
12 contact hrs — $160 for Members / $240 for Nonmembers
Process for completing a Certification Program:
- Order the specific program you desire. You only need to pay for the study materials at this time; the final fee for your certification and contact hours isn't due until you are ready to complete the program. AALTCN members receive a discount on all Certification Programs.
- Study at your pace.
- When you have completed the program, send your Registration Form, required completion materials (e.g., test answers, lesson plans) and final fee to:
American Association for LTC Nursing 11104 Glen Arm Road Glen Arm MD 21057
*Certification and Contact Hours Fee does not need to be paid until you are ready to complete program and obtain certification. Certification is valid for a 3 year period, after which recertification can be achieved by either submitting proof of 20 contact hours of continuing education or retaking the Certification Examination.